The Short Sale Process
Our Services – As Florida licensed real estate professionals and Certified Distressed Property Experts (CDPE©) we are authorized to professionally and ethically represent the sale of your home in a “short sale” type scenario. We consult with you in quiet and confidential setting, usually in the privacy of your own home, to understand your unique situation and to see how we might be able to help with the short sale of your property which includes:
Key Steps in a Short Sale
- Conducting an initial market value estimate of your home to determine anticipated selling price.
- Listing your home “For Sale” in the Realtors® MLS system.
- Performing all customary marketing initiatives including general advertising and Open House viewings.
- Securing a bona-fide purchase and sale contract.
- Collecting from you all information and paperwork your lender requires to consider the Short Sale.
- Assisting you with your application for the HAFA program.
- Negotiating the Short Sale and finalizing lender approval of your sale.
- Assistance with closing of the sale.
We have successfully negotiated and sold nearly 100 Short Sale transactions since 2009
and saved our clients from foreclosure with each sale.
Not all homes or individual situations can be approved by your lender for short sales and there is no guarantee that if approved by your lender that your home will sell in a short sale transaction. Furthermore, selling your home in a short sale transaction may have tax and/or legal implications for you as the seller – Therefore we advise you to seek appropriate legal and financial advise before proceeding with a short sale of your property.